BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

2.02.2012

You Think You Are Dreaming Big, Dream Bigger With God



For the past 6 weeks, God has been challenging me to think larger and to dream bigger. So, I have been thinking about my future and asking myself questions like, What would I do if I had a lot of money? And If I could do anything in the world, what would I do and why? At first I felt selfish and thought that I shouldn't be thinking so lavishly. But when I asked God about it, I believe He was saying that the things I want to do are not selfish and that I was created for great things. And when I really thought about it my life would be somewhat different, but my passions for bringing people closer to God and inspiring them in truth remains the same. Maybe one day God will bless me with a platform to speak truth and inspire people much like the popular NFL player, Tim Tebow .Or maybe one day I will be working a minimum wage job with what appears to be little influence. It doesn't matter to me as long as I am being obedient to the things God is asking of me. Another things that I have been thinking about is the fact that recently people have told me that I am being a good steward of the things God has given me; which makes me think of this scripture and wonder what other things will God have me be in charge of.


“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ - Matthew 25:23 NIV


Again I ask myself, If I could do anything in the world, what would I do and why?


Sometimes when I begin to think of "my dream job", having a nice house with little to no bills, and having the privilege of speaking truth to thousands of people - I become awestruck thinking Really? Me? No, someone else can do a better job or communicate things better. But why not? Why not me? If that's how God will use me, then so be it. If God wants to use my life in such a enormous way, then let it be. Why should fear of failure, or fear of not communicating effectively get in the way? WHY NOT?! This makes me think of the life of Moses, who led thousands of people out of Egypt (a place filled with many lies and injustices) with a speech impediment. If God used Moses, why not use someone else like me? I don't have a speech impediment, but I do struggle when stressed or under pressure to communicate clearly. With every opposing question that comes in my mind, I realize more and more that it's only a lie. A lie to get me to not walk in the fullness of who God created me to be. However, I will not succumb to these lies. I will not settle for anything less than my best. I will live my life humbly and obediently for God and only Him, no matter how big or small the platform may be.