BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

11.12.2006

Week 7 of DTS - Continuation of Last Week

Week 7... Whoa! Time is flying by. I really do not know what to say in this e-mail. I think it is going to be a short one. This week we had a couple different speakers: Paul Allen and Johanan Rehmt. Paul taught on Monday and Tuesday on Giving Up Rights. This just means that Christians are to place God before their spouse, children, work, etc. God is supposed to be # 1 in a Christians life. For me this was just a continuation of last week. Because last week at the GO! Conference in Colorado - I made God # 1 in my life again. But for me it is a daily thing that I struggle with... laying aside my concerns and worries and focusing on God to take care of the things that I have no control over. I also struggle with putting people or things before God (I make those people or things as a priority above God). God is so GREAT though, because He doesn't hold a grudge, He is always faithful and extremely gracious. :o)

Then on Wednesday through Friday Johanan taught us on the topic of Missions. He gave helpful insight of What is missions? and what it is like to be in another country and not understanding the language. He also gave many visual examples (through movie clips) and also through games. (Example: We had to play a game of cards that was like a mix of euchre and hearts. In this game we had 3 groups of 4 people and the team [the person across from you] who won after about 10 minutes would then move to the next table. But we could not talk, and we did not know until the game was over that each table had different set of rules. Some of the rules had trump, whereas others did not. Some of the rules had Aces as the highest card, where as Aces were the lowest cards and 6's were the highest cards. It was a good example of learning how to deal with each other and try to communicate with one another. It was fun, but also frustrating at times.) Johanan also told us some statistics about the country Rwanda in Africa - which was very interesting.

God's been doing a lot in the last couple of weeks, and I am still trying to process and figure out what it is that God wants for my life. Once I have things figured out then I will be sure to let you know. But in the mean time, please be praying for me. Pray for guidance, clarity, direction, wisdom, and patience.

0 comments: