BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

11.21.2006

Week 8 & 9 of DTS - Breaking Down Walls

Because of Thanksgiving, I have included Week 9 along with Week 8. Last week our speakers were Barbara and Roy Sandiford and they taught on The Divine Plumbline. To sum it up, it is about tearing down walls in your heart and in your life. I openly admit that I have walls in my life, and that sometimes I make walls to protect myself from getting hurt. So it was hard for me this week to tear down those walls, because those walls were built on the foundation of either "pride" or "unbelief". We did not read the book Walls of My Heart by Dr. Bruce Thompson, but I highly recommend it because our teachings were based off of that book. Right now I am in the process of reading Walls of My Heart. We learned about our personalities and also about what controls us: our mind, emotions, or our will (meaning our attitude that leads to our actions). Barbara and Roy were the only guest speakers who gave us homework. One of the assignments was to write a letter to God and then continue to write a letter of response from God; however we could not stop and correct it - we just had to keep going. It was really good. I was surprised to hear how deep we all were going. I was also surprised that what I had to write was so long. And we had to read our letters in class, which I was not looking forward to, but after I was finished I realized that it wasn't that bad after all. This week was definitely a week of healing for all of us. And it also helped us grow closer together and open up more to one another. :o)

This week ... Week 9, Michael Leeson (our leader) taught us on topic of The Christian Life. I feel like this short week of teaching is going to be for me like going back to basics. Most of the teachings week after week are pretty intense, and with Michael's teachings are more laid back, yet still worth paying attention to (meaning that his teachings are good).

I am so glad to be home for Thanksgiving. I really miss my family, my friends, and as crazy as it sounds... I even miss my animals. The time home is going to be short and packed with things to do, but it's OK. I have to be back to the Training Center on Sunday night. Therefore, I know these few days (Wednesday afternoon through Sunday night) at home are going to be busy because I will be trying to see and visit everyone.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

0 comments: