BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

4.07.2007

Conversations at Starbucks

So on Friday morning I was at Starbucks drinking my Venti Mocha Frap and reading my Bible, but then I was interrupted by a lady cleaning tables. She asked me if I was reading a Bible, I nodded and she looked over my shoulder to see that I was reading Habakkuk. I told her that I was trying to finish reading the Old Testament. We talked for a minute about the Bible when she soon asked me what church I attend. I told her and she mentioned that she has been looking for a church. I asked her what types of churches she's gone to before (so I could quickly try and figure out her beliefs since she was on the clock). She mentioned many different churches, so I invited her to my church this Easter Sunday. I also told her that I recently came back from a type of Missions Trip and invited her to come and hear me talk for a few minutes about my trip. We talked for a minute or two more about my trip, before customers walked in the door. We introduced ourselves and she went back to work. I don't remember her name, but I do remember that it was an unusual name. As soon as she left a guy sitting on a couch behind me repeated her name a couple times to the 2 other people that he was sitting next to. As I tried to focus on The Word, I couldn't help but think... was this guy ease dropping on my conversation? If so I guess it's not a bad thing, maybe I should have spoken louder though. :o) Before I left Starbucks I wrote down the address to my church and when it starts, and I gave it to this lady.

I thought it was cool that God gave me this opportunity to talk to her, and even cooler for the unexpected ease dropper and his friends. :o) This experience just reminded me that everywhere you go and everything you do/say should be done for God because you never

By the way, who needs Starbucks when God can give you an energy boost?!

Eh! ... I LOVE Starbucks!


But God's my #1 all the way!
know when someone is watching or listening to you... who knows, they might just choose to follow God because of your actions.

0 comments: