BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10.06.2007

1st SOW entry

I flew into Colorado for YWAM Denver's School of Worship (SOW) on Sunday night - so when I got picked up from the airport it was about 9:30pm so I did not get to see much of Colorado at that moment. We drove to Arvada, which is where I am staying on the base here. My room has 4 bunk beds with onl only 6 girls from SOW. Our room also has an attached bathroom with 2 bathroom stalls and 2 showers. It's nice. :o)

On Monday (October 1st) was registration and at 7pm we had "Community night". Community night is where everyone on the base got together and told what school they were doing along with their name and where they were from. There are 4 different schools that are going on. There is the DTS (Discipleship Training School) at Eagle Rock - which is also owned by YWAM Denver and it's up higher in the mountains. We will be going to visit that base later on in the school. The other three schools are: DTS - here on the base, Phase 2 - gives leadership training along with more biblical foundation, and School of Worship (SOW). There are probably about 150 people here when we are all together (staff and students). But in my school there are 18 people... 9 boys and 9 girls. I love it.

On Tuesday we were given our first task... to 2 songs on the school's theme - RENEW - on of the songs is fast and the other is slow. We have to write the 1st song with lyrics and chords by Monday the 8th.
Basically the whole week we have just taken things easy and gotten to know each other. But my school leader, John Connor, is so funny and laid back. It's so cool. I'm not going to go into detail about who all is here in my school or on this base... but we have many people from ALL over the world.

I am so thankful to be here. :o) This week I have felt discouraged at times with my song writing, but I have also had some amazing times with God where I have felt His peace come over me. It was amazing!!! :o) I do have my 1st song done and I have a start to the 2nd song. I love this. I cannot wait to learn more about music.
Well, that is all that I am going write about for now. So far all is going good and I am so thankful that I am here and for everyone who have supported me. If you have any questions, please let me know. The first week of school is usually pretty laid back and it's basically all introductions. But I will write more... not weekly, but maybe once every month or more. One of my personal goals is to not spend so much time on the internet.
P.S. I've posted some scenery photos of what it's like here in Denver, Colorado.

0 comments: