BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

1.01.2009

Words for the New Year

At the end of every year I ask God what He is asking of me for the upcoming new year. And every year I ask, I get at least 1 word.

The word for 2007 was Sacrifice. He taught me so much about that with little things like giving up social time with friends to work or do fundraisers, to big things like losing friends when they were killed for doing what God called them to do.

The word for 2008 didn't come to me until 3 months into the year and it was Serve. A word I thought would be easy but was everything but easy. However, I did notice my character slowly growing with this action word.

And now as I've asked God to reveal to me something for the year 2009, He's given me Love and Patience. I absolutely love to love, but I have a feeling that the word love is going to have a whole different meaning to me as I patiently press on through this New Year.

I've decided to do something a little different and a little more personal this time. So please watch my 1st video blog to hear a little more about what I am passionate about and also what God's been doing in my life.

Love,
Rebecca Lynne

2 comments:

The Life of Susan said...

my dear becca...
you are so beautiful and not just on the outside. you have such a tender heart before the lord that is so special. i am so proud of you and all that God is teaching you. you truly are a light in this world. i know God is going to meet the desires of your heart to go to africa someday and i know you are going to bless the people there beyond belief. i miss you so much and wish i could give you a big hug right now. just know how much i love you and think of you.
room 4 for life!
susan

Lisa said...

I agree with Susan, your heart is truly beautiful. I'm excited about the journey you are on and the places that God is taking you, plus, I know that you hear the Lord and am amazed at the things God is walking you through and the valuable treasures you are finding in this journey we are in.
LOVE YOU- LISA