BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

4.14.2010

Trying Not To Get Comfortable

It’s the middle of April which means that I have been on staff for 6 weeks. Usually by this point I have a pretty good assessment on how things are going in my life and with the things around me and what I need to do to change.

Being on staff has been good, tiring, and exciting. I love being able to work in a Christian atmosphere with positive people. I love meeting new people from all over the world and nurturing the children around me. I love where I am physically (at YWAM Denver) and what I am doing on staff (Reception, Child Care, Housekeeping, and planning for YWAM’s 50th anniversary).

Personally I can sense that I am starting to get comfortable. This is both a pro and a con. Getting comfortable can be a stepping block to apathy. I am at peace where I am, but I need to not forget to continue to push myself. I realized this today. I need to keep pushing myself to continue to develop relationships with the new students, which may include spending time with them when I am not on working hours. I need to be who I am and do what I do. I need to find a balance in pouring into others (staff and students) while also resting and allowing myself to get poured into by God. I need to remind myself daily of the promises that God has spoken to me since I have been here. He is so faithful and full of love!

0 comments: