BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10.13.2006

Week 2 of DTS - Busy

Well, I just wrapped up week 2 and let me tell you... we were really busy. We had to leave for the Global Mission Center (GMC) at 7:15am almost every morning, and most nights we would be busy doing things until 9:30pm or 10pm (lights out are at 10:30pm). So needless to say, I am really tired this week. But the weeks to come will not be like this.Because I am only going to be getting busier, I am not going to write as long updates as I did with week 1. Therefore, here is a quick summary of what my week was like:

Sunday - Was a wonderful day of relaxing. I took an hour nap after church, then I just did whatever. I spent most of my time writing out my last e-mail (titled: "week 1").

Monday - We had breakfast at 7 am, as usual. Then after having a quiet time and worship, we had a lecture with Warren Kepproth on The Nature of Sin . Warren is the director of YWAM - Madison. At 1 pm, we had lunch (as usual as well) and then continued on with our lecture until 3:30 pm. This topic was really heavy. Then we had work duties and then supper. After supper we had a scheduled study time. At first I was not liking the idea... but once I got started... I thought that it was really good. Because even though there is not much to do here, it is still easy to get distracted and not do your homework.

Tuesday - We had breakfast a little later at 7:30 am. At 10:30 am, we left for the GMC where we stayed there until 5 pm where we then went our separate ways to do our local outreach. This week I did my local outreach with David as the leader and Mandy and Rufina. David is in charge of the Evangelical outreach. Our little group went to a park in Madison where we were able to witness to a few homeless guys. We prayed with one guy and another accepted the Lord. It was exciting and sad at the same time to see that these guys had nothing. I so badly wanted to invite them back to at least shower, but of course that was not possible.


Wednesday - We had to leave for the GMC at 7:15 am, where we had worship and lecture until lunch at 1 pm. It was a long day; I struggled to stay awake. Then we came back to the training center where we had Intercession and then work duties until supper. After supper we had our first small group meeting, which we finished around 9 pm.

Thursday - We had to leave for the GMC at 7:15 am, again. We had lecture until 1 pm, again. Then lunch. After lunch we had Bible Class with Beth Anne on the book of Ephesians. She is teaching us about digging into the Word of God and trying to understand the history of "why" the letters from Paul were written the way that they were. It was really interesting. She will be coming to the training center every week on Wednesdays, but since we were at the GMC this week... it just made sense for her to come and teach us while we were there. After Bible Class we had a little bit of free time, but then we went to Fara's sisters house (in Madison) where supper was provided. Then we headed back to the GMC for a "YWAM Madison Community Meeting". I was so tired, that afterward I asked to go into the van to sleep while other people were enjoying a time of fellowship. We got back to the training center around 9:30 pm, where I soon went to bed.

Friday - THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY! I was so exhausted from getting up early and going to bed late. Some people refereed to this week as "Boot Camp". I'd have to say that it was pretty challenging for me to stay awake, when I normally go to bed (at the earliest) at Midnight and get up around 9 am or 10 am. Today we went to the GMC for the last time at 7:15 am, which was also the last time that Winkie Pratney taught us about The Nature of Sin. At 10:30 am we left to come back to the training center, where we had a quiet time. Then for lunch my small group (Mandy, Dawn, Rufina, Fara, and myself) went to Culver's. Then after Culver's we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. I bought some chips because my mom had sent me in a package some homemade salsa (yum!). Then we came back at 3:30 pm and the rest of the night we had free time. I talked on the phone and wrote out some thank you's and miscellaneous letters. It felt so good to get caught up on those things.

Small Group - Rufina, Me, Dawn, Mandy, and Fara

Saturday - Well, I finally got a chance to catch up on some sleep. I went to bed at 1 am, but woke up around 9:30 am. If felt so good. :o) I ate some brunch (waffles, eggs, and toast). Then I got ready to go out with everyone. We went to the Arboretum where we walked on some trails. I took a lot of pictures, which I would love to share sometime soon. The weather was beautiful and the different shades of color throughout the trees were gorgeous. Then after the was walked some trails... we went to a Mall. But Bekah, Fara, and I went to Barns and Nobles where I had Starbucks for the first time. It was good. Then we went to Shopko where we just looked around. I took a few silly pictures. Then at 4:30 pm, we went back to the training center ( a.k.a. "home") where I helped get supper ready (leftovers) and then of course ate supper. After supper Sean, Nils, Fara, Robin, and I went out to go see a movie. Then we came back and just hung out.



0 comments: