BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10.22.2006

Week 4 of DTS - Disappointing

Week 4... WOW! It doesn't seem like I have been living in Wisconsin for that long. This week was a pretty good week. Dawn taught us the whole week on then Fear of the Lord and it was very good. And she also shared with us her personal testimony, which I found very interesting and I admire her willingness, openness, and courage to share it with all of us. During this week nothing BIG happened like last week, but God is still working in my life - personally and He is also speaking to me. :o)

On Sunday, I went to church with Bekah at Mad City in Madison (again). We went to the early morning service, which was at 9 am - 11 am. So when we got back to the training center no one was there except Fara because she didn't feel well. That is why I was able to finish "week 3" earlier than "week 2". Then I spent the rest of the afternoon reading the book Father Heart of God, which I actually should have read throughout the week. I called my mom and dad and talked to them for about an hour. And that is pretty much all that I did.
On Monday, Dawn (one of the staff members) taught us on Intimate Friendship With God: Through Understanding the Fear of the Lord, which was really good. It really made me realize how much closer to God I want to be. And how God loves me and wants to have an intimate (close) relationship with me.

On Tuesday, we actually did something a little differently. We got to sleep in just a little bit, and then we had work duties, then quiet time, and then we had a time of intercession. We (just the 8 students) prayed for where we were going to go for outreach. We split into 2 groups and when we came back together to talk about what we felt God was speaking to us. We had some confirmation about the things that we had heard from God, which I thought was really cool.Then we had an hour of free time, which I spent writing thank you cards and letters. Then we went to the GMC for lunch and then class afterwards. Then we had a short break before we started getting ready for our local outreach. I went to Juvy (Juvenile Detention Center) with Emma, Bodo, Nils, Shawn, Bekah, and Missie. I was so excited because I knew that God was going to be doing so GREAT things. But when it was time for us to talk and pray with the kids that were there, the girl I talked to was not responding to me much. She just gave me short answers. Missie joined in with us, which I didn't want at first, but
I became glad when I realized that Missie and the girl in Juvy were able to carry on a conversation. I was also disappointed because the boy that I had talked to last week was there, but he left shortly after we had started. I wanted to be able to talk to him a little bit more. I was glad that I was able be there, but I like I said I was disappointed because I felt like I didn't make much of a difference. Also, on the car ride it was encouraging to hear all of the stories from everyone else.

On Wednesday, we had a normal day of class. But after supper we spent some time as a group talking about some decisions that have been made for our International Outreach in January 2007. Michael wrote some names of countries on the board, which were some of the countries that we had been praying for. He told us that those places are English speaking places, and that when we go for our Outreach we will be going to one of those countries, along with 2 more countries. Then he wrote the other 2 countries that we will be going to; he wrote Dominican Republic (Spanish speaking) and Haiti (French/Creole speaking). I am so excited to be going to 3 different places, along with learning 2 other languages. I have always wanted to learn French, and Spanish would be the next language that I would want to learn. But as Michael was talking to us about some things that had to do with our outreach, I began to feel overwhelmed with emotion. So after we were finished talking, I went into the Recreational room (also known as the Rec. room) and began to pray. After a short time of praying God gave me a scripture : Psalm 74 which I then took to Dawn (because she is my one on one person). She said that she had received that passage of scripture before when praying for another country. I was so emotionally exhausted, so I went to bed as soon as I could, which wasn't until 11 pm.

On Thursday, we another normal day of class. I was still feeling the effects of the night before (being emotionally exhausting), so after class I grabbed a 2 subject notebook and my CD player and began to write thing things I had prayed about in the 1st section of the notebook, and in the other section I wrote the things God has spoken or shown me since I've been doing this Discipleship program. After some singing and reflecting on all of the wonderful things that God has been doing in my life, I became very happy. This feeling stayed with me the rest of the night and for most of the day on Friday.

On Friday, we had class and Dawn finished up on The Fear of the Lord and then around 4 pm Rufina, Fara, Nils, and Robin went to Nightmare (which is a youth event that teenagers come to watch - it's hard for me to explain but if you would like to know more about it go here. Sean also left for the weekend because he had a wedding to go to. And Michael and Emma left for the weekend with their kids. So there was me, Bekah, Bodo, Mandy, and Dawn left for the weekend. It was very quiet. After I had supper clean up, Dawn and I had our 1 on 1 time, which was very good. Then we all (well, the remainder of us) watched the movie Failure to Launch. I thought it was a cute movie. I thought it was very similar to How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days , but I thought that the movie we watched was better.

On Saturday, I woke up at 10:30 am and then we ate brunch at 11 am, and then did some miscellaneous errands and shopping. On Sunday (today), we are throwing a surprise party for Michael and Emma to show them how much we appreciate all that they have done for us, and will do for us. Bekah helped me decorate the Rec. room for a couple hours. I think it looks pretty good. Then Bekah and I stayed up until 1 am just talking about stuff. :o)

I thought this week was kinda disappointing because I would have liked more to happen at Juvy and also because I felt like I did not get as much as I would have liked out of this weeks topic. But I really need to re-read my notes, and I think then I will be able to get more out of what I was taught.

I cannot wait, next week we are going to be going to the
GO!Conference in Colorado and then also on Thursday the Summer DTS team will be coming back from Namibia, Africa. I am looking forward to meeting them, and also to hear their stories.

0 comments: