BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

9.22.2008

0 - 60 in ...

After 6 months of waiting for God to release me to apply for jobs, I am finally employed. I say "finally" because at times I felt like a 20-something still living with her parents and living off of them.. oh wait... I was. My parents and I joked around that they were housing a homeless person (me) and that they were. I had no job, no car, and I felt like was going no where.

On Monday, I start classroom training and hands on training with Horizon House. The position is 60 hours a pay period (every 2 weeks) not including the classroom training. Also, there are always opportunities to pick up extra hours. This job has great benefits and a bonus after the training is completed. The house that I will be assisting has 8 ladies. They look like they have great attitudes. This is going to be a great learning experience and I am really looking forward to starting. Also, the house that I will be working at is about 5 blocks from the nursing home where my grandparents live... so that is a nice bonus.

I'm looking forward to the challenges and the experiences that I will learn from with this job.

0 comments: